The latest SEBP Podcast, with Professor Lorraine Mazerolle talking about Police Legitimacy, can be found here
The presentations for the SEBP Winter Conference 2016, held in Leeds, are available here.
Thank you to our key conference sponsor, Axon Public Safety for making this conference possible
Welcome to the website for the Society of Evidence Based Policing. The Society is run by Evidence Based Policing enthusiasts alongside their roles as practitioners and academics.
The society is made up of police officers, police staff, and research professionals who aim to make evidence based methodology part of every day policing in the UK. The goals of the society are as follows:
Aim One: Increased use of best available research evidence to solve policing problems
- Raise awareness of the value of evidence-based practice.
- Provide access to research tools and guidance.
- Advocate evidence-based practice across all policing bodies.
- Provide a forum for police professional researchers.
Aim Two: The production of new research evidence by police practitioners and researchers
- Support police practitioners to undertake research projects.
- Support police practitioners to access research expertise.
- Support researchers to access police data.
- Facilitate awareness of ongoing police research projects.
Aim Three: Communication of research evidence to police practitioners and the public
- Disseminate police-based research to different audiences.
- Present the implication of research findings for policing practice.
Membership of the society is open to any member of police staff or researcher who is committed to making a positive impact in the community through using the best available research evidence. Applications for membership are available. Membership is free and gives access to: reduced price conferences, reduced subscription to the journal of experimental criminology, and the ability to network & learn from other practitioners.
– Alex Murray, Vice Chair
– Follow Alex Murray on Twitter @BhamECommander
– Follow SEBP on Twitter @Society_EBP